The Childhood Obesity Brief Intervention Training – raising the issue of weight investigates the issue of obesity in children, what the family issues are and what may be the barriers to change. The course covers the following areas:
- An overview of childhood obesity: determinants, identified risk factors, prevalence, social, health and economic consequence.
- What to do and what to say when faced with a child/family that is having weight difficulties – How to raise the issue of an overweight child with the parents and the child.
- Identification of overweight and obese children through UK Growth Charts and non clinical means.
- Provides a succinct framework for intervention and pertinent advice that is relevant and practical for that family.
- Offers ideas and methods for positive follow up with the family, as well as how to refer the family into other available related services.